Laser Hair Removal versus IPL hair removal
So you’re trying to decide which laser hair removal option to go for? For most of us the price is key to our decision making.
Take a look at the points below and make up your own mind…. Just remember IPL may look cheaper to start with but you are going to need way more treatments! Laser Hair Removal
• Concentrated beam of light, targeting selected hair follicles
• Reduced chance of side effects as it has reduced impact on the skins surface
• 6-8 treatments typically required for permanent reduction
• Many machines are suitable for all skin types
• Can target even dark blond hair in some cases
• Machines such as the Soprano XL can be used safely and effectively whilst tanned
• Long lasting results
• Pain free options are available, we have the Soprano XL as well as a cryogen cooling system, forget about numbing cream, technology has moved on!!! IPL Hair Removal
• Scattered light, targeting random hair follicles and picks up skin pigment
• Suitable ONLY for Caucasian, Mediterranean & some light Asian skin types (I-III on the Fitzpatrick scale)
• Increased risk of side effects such as, burning, pigmentation change including Hypo-pigmentation/Hyper-pigmentation, scaring and blistering
• Cannot be used on Tanned skin under any circumstances
• Needs anywhere between 8-15 treatments
• Patches of areas are missed because treated and non-treated areas are hard to distinguish
• Results are only long lasting after an extended course of treatment
• Has been known, when not operated properly to stimulate hair growth Requires gel to be applied we can be very messy after treatments, especially when you cannot shower for 12 hours post treatment
Why choose City Hair Removal for laser hair removal?
We have a wealth of experience in Laser Hair Removal and IPL hair removal at the City Hair Removal. You may have noticed on our main page we do use IPL but only for treating Rosacea (redness of the skin) as IPL is more successful at treating the upper layers of the dermis and is greatly attracted to the red in vessels rather than brown/black pigments which is necessary for laser hair removal and long term effectiveness.
Over the last decade we have tested so many lasers and IPL equipment, finding the best results for hair removal to be only from using gold standard Lasers! We have five lasers specifically designed for hair removal including an NDYAG, Alexandrite, Duetto and a Diode (Soprano XL) laser!
On many occasions we have seen clients come to us with horror stories about having bought IPL hair removal off voucher sites and from small clinics, they have sometimes had to pay extra for areas or been treated and burned as they are dark skinned and not even suitable or even had a full leg hair removal treatment in less than 15 minutes (which shows that they have not been treated properly)!!
In the long term IPL over laser hair removal is going to be more expensive. We have a wealth of experience treating all skin types for laser hair removal, this knowledge is priceless, it helps the clients achieve great results faster and means we have a very high percentage of referrals! We are happy to give you a FREE patch test on every laser that you are suitable for, encase you would like to see what the results are yourself, before you purchase a laer hair removal package!
No other clinic in London has as many laser hair removal machines as we do, we are leading the way in the laser hair removal industry in London!